Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Allman Brothers Band - At Fillmore East

What is it with old double LP's that have side 4 on the flipside of side 1? Seriously, it's a pain in the butt. I'm a little OCD and when I realized that I put side 4 on after side 1, I had to start the album all over again. Oddly enough, Eat a Peach doesn't have this problem and it was made one year later than At Fillmore East and was pressed by the same company. It just doesn't make sense. The whole thing turns into a production of juggling dust jackets and staring at labels to make sure you're playing the record right. Would it have killed them to put side 2 on the flipside of side 1 and side 4 on the flipside of side 3? The whole thing feels like an attack on my sanity. Anyway, At Fillmore East is one of the all-time great live albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment