Friday, March 8, 2013

Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

I don't like this album. I don't like Arctic Monkeys in general. That doesn't mean that I don't think it's a high quality album or that it isn't an important turn in the evolution of rock in the 00's. I don't like The Rolling Stones either, but that doesn't mean I don't understand why other people do.

Arctic Monkeys bring a garage rock blast to the indie sound of The Strokes (another band I can't seem to bring myself to enjoy) and wrap the whole thing up in a very British vibe. Seriously, not even The Beatles sounded this British.

While I love garage rock, and generally love British music, Arctic Monkeys just don't move my dial at all. I give this album points for its quality as well as the fact that it has the only Arctic Monkeys song I actually like ("When the Sun Goes Down"). It's a good album, but that doesn't mean I have to listen to it.

Baleeted? Yes. Because life is too short to waste on things you don't really like.


No comments:

Post a Comment