Sunday, September 25, 2011

Ages of Wonders EP-Favez




I have no idea who Favez is, how to pronounce their name, or how I came to be in posession of their music. All of these things really don't make much difference because I have done the research and have come to the conclusion that Favez rocks. I have no idea how Favez is classified, but they seem to occupy a space somewhere between The Foo Fighters and Sunny Day Real Estate.

This EP features the single "Ages of Wonders" and three acoustic versions of songs from From Lausanne, Switzerland. I sincerely hope Favez actually is from Lausanne, Switzerland because otherwise I would know literally nothing about them. At any rate, "Ages of Wonders" is a highly enjoyable song that has never failed at rocking my very socks. It's angular and will hit you in the side of your face like a slushy snowball. I literally don't know how else to describe it. The acoustic tracks on this EP are pleasant enough, but all of them are better in their electric form. Basically this EP gears you up to listen to From Lausanne, Switzerland.

No comments:

Post a Comment