Sunday, September 25, 2011

From Lausanne, Switzerland- Favez

If I knew anything about the elusive Favez, it's that they either hail from Lausanne, Switzerland or they don't. This album either pays homage to their hometown or it doesn't. Hold on, I can't keep this joke going. I'm going to look it up. Yes, they are in fact from Lausanne, Switzerland and yet I still have no idea how to pronounce their name.

Anyway, this album is alternative-ish but also indie-ish and fairly emo-ish (the Cap'n Jazz variety not the guyliner variety). It's a little hard to pin down genre-wise, but it is a very smart album and very well-written. "Ages of Wonders" is a clear highlight, but there are other stellar tracks such as "Don't let the Riot In" and "Son of Steve McQueen." I can't say this is one of my favorite albums (because I don't remember how I came to own it and therefore I rarely remember to listen to it) but I can say that it has never disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment