Sunday, February 3, 2013

AM Radio - Reactive

This one came as a bit of a surprise. I had followed AM Radio's career very closely up to this point. I saw every show they ever played in Arizona, and I even got to know lead singer Kevin Ridel fairly well. I knew the band had gone through massive lineup changes, and had cut some demos. Then I found out that Kevin Ridel became a born again Christian and became much more interested in worship music. I kinda wrote the band off, thinking they would never produce anything ever again.

I believe the CD version of this album is only available as an import. The digital version is freely available on Amazon and iTunes, which is where I picked this up. While this is very much a new era for AM Radio, they still rock like they always have. The album features a new version of "I Just Wanna Be Loved" (the third version of the song to receive an official release, for those of you keeping score back home). The best song on the album is "Crazy in Love," which is a stone cold mix tape gem. That's pretty much what AM Radio excels at: making songs that my wife can't help but love when I put them on a mix tape.

Baleeted? Nope. 


No comments:

Post a Comment