Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Anniversary - Your Majesty

I don't know anything about The Anniversary. I don't know who they are. I don't know where they come from. I don't know who their influences are. I don't even know where I got this album. I only know that The Anniversary totally rocks. They bring fuzzed out guitars and old school synths to the mix and lay down some very solid tracks. They are somewhat indie, somewhat rock, and have a healthy dose of the Get Up Kids/Sunny Day Real Estate variety of emo.

The standout tracks from this album are "Crooked Crown" "Tu-Whitt Tu-Whoo" and "Devil on My Side" though every song is absolutely fantastic in its own way. I now feel compelled to track down The Anniversary's only other album, Designing a Nervous Breakdown.

Baleeted? Never. It's way too good.


No comments:

Post a Comment