Friday, February 8, 2013

First 10 - Deadpool

Now here's something I didn't expect: a series that kicked off in the 90's that has a sense of fun like the Marvel comics from the 60's. Deadpool is Marvel's "Merc With a Mouth." His constant witty sarcasm offsets the constant danger he finds himself falling into. Also, it seems to be his way of dealing with a lifetime of pain and suffering.

One of the more interesting questions solved by this series is this: What would happen if you gave a Wolverine-esque healing factor to a guy with cancer? What you get is Deadpool, a living paradox.

I honestly had no idea what I was getting myself into with the first 10 issues of this series (I did it right and went back to the beginning with Deadpool's first appearance in New Mutants). I didn't know anything about Deadpool, and was surprised by how quickly I took to the character and the series as a whole. This is definitely a series I will be reading in the future. Here's how it falls in relation to the other series I've checked out thus far.
  1. Batman
  2. Amazing Spider-Man
  3. Fantastic Four
  4. Deadpool
  5. Booster Gold
  6. Daredevil
  7. The Punisher
  8. Golden Age Green Lantern
  9. The Avengers
  10. Captain America
  11. Golden Age Captain America
  12. Golden Age Blue Beetle
  13. Captain Marvel (Marvel Comics)
  14. Aquaman

No comments:

Post a Comment