Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Anberlin - Never Take Friendship Personal

I clearly don't know what I'm doing as far as Anberlin is concerned. I think their debut album came out during a time when I was rolling strong in the pop punk, and I probably went all indie and stopped listening to such nonsense when this sophomore effort came out. Then I came to my senses and stopped being the type of ridiculous snob who would knowingly cut himself off from things he likes just because of what he thought guys with pork pie hats and handlebar moustaches thought about them.

Anyway, because I'm a silly person, I missed this when it came out. It's not quite as great as Blueprints for the Black Market but it's still a very good outing from one of the few pop punk bands that is good enough to really care about. If you dig anthemic pop punk with actual lyrical depth and great hooks, look into some Anberlin. Never Take Friendship Personal does not disappoint. It's a nice addition to a growing Anberlin collection.

Baleeted? No. I think everything this band does makes the cut.


No comments:

Post a Comment