Monday, July 2, 2012

Teenage Fanclub - Thirteen

The only difficult thing about reviewing Teenage Fanclub albums is coming up with new ways to describe their highly consistent awesomeness. You could stack their first album up against their most recent album and not only will they compare favorably to each other, they will sound like they could have both been recorded in the same year. There's something awe-inspiring about Teenage Fanclub's consistency.

Even though I tend to see Thirteen as a fitting follow-up to Bandwagonesque, this was apparently not the prevailing opinion when Thirteen was released. I don't know what everyone else was listening to because "The Cabbage" sounds just as good to me as "The Concept" does. I think Thirteen hangs around a little too long, but I don't think it represents a big dip in quality.



No comments:

Post a Comment