Friday, January 25, 2013

Alison Krauss - A Hundred Miles or More: A Collection

While Weird Al has trouble deciding between Kirk and Picard (that's easy: Picard all the way), I have trouble deciding who has the most gorgeous voice in country music: Alison Krauss or Emmylous Harris.

Alison Krauss always sounds like she's whispering sweet nothings because her voice, while whispy, is intimate, beautiful, and downright seductive.

This album compiles a number of hits from Alison Krauss' outstanding career, and more than a few of them came as a surprise to me. You've more than likely heard "Jacob's Dream," and "Baby Mine," but have you heard the duet version of "Missing You" that she sang with John Waite? I love the original, but I think I prefer this version. This compilation is filled with surprises like that, and it's well worth owning.

Baleeted? Nope. That was never in question.


No comments:

Post a Comment