Friday, March 23, 2012

The Beatles - Let it Be

Let it Be is the last Beatles album to ever be released although it was not the last to be recorded. Depending on where you stand, Let it Be was either made more awesome by Phil Spector or completely ruined by Phil Spector (I tend to think Phil Spector did a fine job given the task at hand). There's even Let it Be...Naked which is just as controversial as the original even though it strips away all the Phil Spector touches. Rather than blather endlessly about what might have been with Let it Be, I'm more than content to let it be and enjoy what exists and not worry too much about what might have been. This attitude reflects my status as a non-first generation Beatles fan. If I saw them on Sullivan, I might feel differently about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment