Friday, March 23, 2012

The Beach Boys - Endless Summer

I was raised on The Beach Boys. When my Dad was buying Beach Boys albums for us kids (he's an old surf rock fan. His favorite band growing up was The Ventures) I didn't know that they weren't new. These albums were at least 20 years old and I honestly thought they were just the greatest music being made in the 80s. My ignorance of history aside, The Beach Boys are awesome. Endless Summer is a perfect overview of The Beach Boys' surf rock years, which was my favorite period of The Beach Boys career when I was growing up. Oddly enough, I hated Pet Sounds when my Dad bought it because it didn't have nearly enough songs that mentioned surfing. I think it's important to point out that I was 8 years old at the time. Anyway, this review is rambling. Just know that Endless Summer is one of the best Beach Boys compilations available.

No comments:

Post a Comment