Monday, March 26, 2012

Material Issue - International Pop Overthrow

Material Issue tends to be underrated by the general public as well as slightly overrated by the power pop community to compensate for the fact that they are underrated elsewhere. As a member of the power pop community, it's hard for me to feel like I'm putting this album in its proper perspective. The biggest power pop festival in the world is named after this album, so there's your indicator as to what Material Issue means to the powers that be in power pop.

So yeah, this is a really great album. I know I'd feel that way about it even if I wasn't a huge power pop fan because I was introduced to "Diane" when I was in high school and had no concept of power pop. Anyway, if you like music from the 90's that has a fascination with the music from the 60's and 70's, this is a great disc to add to your collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment