Friday, March 23, 2012

Belle and Sebastian - Push Barman to Open Old Wounds

Belle and Sebastian, like any self-respecting indie band, have a nice catalogue of EP's as well as full length releases. Push Barman to Open Old Wounds collects a number of Belle and Sebastian EP's, which gives a nice overview of the band as well as the ways in which their sound has remained awesome despite changing drastically over the years. Seriously, I think the super quiet days of "Dylan in the Movies" are far behind us, never to be seen again. Even so, they've given us "Step Into My Office, Baby" and other songs in a similar vein, which are just as awesome if not more so. Anyway, Push Barman is a great collection. Belle and Sebastian are no less potent in EP form than they are in album form. Oh, and I love "I Love My Car." It makes my brain happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment