Monday, July 25, 2011

Erasure-Light at the End of the World

Light at the End of the World is the best and most dance-worthy Erasure album of the new millennium. I wasn't as crazy about Loveboat and Nightbird as I am about this album, but be that as it may I still have to be a realist about things.

if you asked me right now, I wouldn't be able to hum a single song from this album and I've listened to it half a dozen times already. As you must surely know by the sheer number of Erasure albums I own (I own several more in digital formats than I own on CD) I am an Erasure fan. I know a lot of their songs by heart. The fact that I enjoy this album every time I listen to it yet says something about it, but the fact that I can't remember a single note of it after I turn it off says something else. This is the perfect disposable Erasure album.

Because it's disposable, I can't rank it very highly. This is a bit disconcerting to me because I really and truly enjoy Light at the End of the World every time I listen to it. I just don't know what to do with this album. How good is it really? Are my impressions of it tainted by the fact that I'm predisposed to like Erasure albums? I really don't know the answers so I'll play it safe and give this thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment