Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Motion City Soundtrack - I am the Movie

Whatever Motion City Soundtrack lacks, they more than make up for in enthusiasm. I am the Movie was my introduction to the band. I saw them live shortly after I got this album. To borrow a sports cliche, this is a band that leaves it all on the stage. Seriously, you've never seen a guy with a mini Korg rock out so hard. He would plant his keyboard stand and do a flying two-legged donkey kick off of it. It was wild. Anyway, there are some good songs on this album and Motion City seems to be a  few steps ahead of other pop punk bands in squeezing the very last drops out of what seems to be a dying genre. Wow. I've rewritten this thing twice and I can't stop giving them backhanded compliments. Let's just put some stars down now.

No comments:

Post a Comment