Thursday, April 19, 2012

Peter, Paul and Mary - Ten Years Together

This is my jam right here. My Dad was a folkie from back in the day (even played in a folk band of his own) and Peter, Paul and Mary were an important part of my childhood. Oddly enough, I didn't really care that much about "Puff (The Magic Dragon)." I was big on "Stewball" "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright" and "Blowin' in the Wind." There's a certain quivering quality in Paul Stookey's voice that I find especially comforting. Of course I also love the pipes on Mary Travers and Peter Yarrow (yes, I knew their last names without having to look them up), but Paul's voice puts the whole thing over the top for me. Anyway, as far as folk groups go, it would be hard to do better than Peter, Paul and Mary. Chances are, you know at least half the songs on this album. Chances are, you'd like them all if you heard them.

No comments:

Post a Comment