Monday, April 16, 2012

Various Artists - Only Dance 1985-1989

Here's another entry from the "I have no idea how this came to be in my possession" part of my collection. I generally like 80's music, but not necessarily the kind that was climbing the charts at the time. This disc has a few good songs on it and a whole lot of annoying ones. Cases in point: "The Neutron Dance" "What You Don't Know" and the two songs that close the album "The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades" and "Rock Me Amadeus." If that ain't a turd sandwich, I don't know what is. Luckily they round it out with some decent cuts from a-ha, The Pretenders, and Talking Heads. This is not a great album by any stretch, nor is it a collection of the best dance music from the 80's. It has just enough decent music to make you not want to pull a Van Gogh (by which I mean paint in an extraordinary fashion whilst using color in ways other artists could scarcely dream of. Either that or the ear thing) and just enough bad music to prevent it from being a proud part of your collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment