Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pet Shop Boys - Behaviour

The first Pet Shop Boys album I ever heard was Very. The second Pet Shop Boys album I ever heard was Discography. All my friends in high school were big Pet Shop Boys fans, so I was eventually introduced to their other works, such as this album. Behavior is neither as dancy as Very nor as diverse as Discography. It's actually quite subdued. The fact that it starts out with "Being Boring" and "This Must Be the Place I Waited Years to Leave" is an indicator as to the tone this album takes. It's a fascinating album, provided you already like Pet Shop Boys. Oh, and the first time I ever heard "Nervously" I wondered how Chris Lowe and Neil Tennant crawled inside my mind and figured out exactly how I felt as an awkward teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment