Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New Order - (the best of)

If you already own Erasure's Pop! The First 20 Hits and Pet Shop Boys Discography as well as Depeche Mode's Violator (yes, Violator is better than any of DM's greatest hits collections) then this disc is your next important synthpop purchase. In high school my friends and I were all very big on the synthpop and the hierarchy was exactly how I listed it just now. Erasure ruled them all because we could get girls to listen to it, Pet Shop Boys ruled the dance floor, Depeche Mode took care of any sad brooding we needed to do, and New Order filled in the gaps. As time goes on, I'm disposed to like New Order even more than I did in high school. This best of collection is a fantastic introduction to the band, and may be all some fans will ever need.

No comments:

Post a Comment