Saturday, May 28, 2011

Color Theory-Tuesday Song

When my older sisters moved to Salt Lake City to live with my Grandma for a summer, they brought me back a compilation they picked up at some SLC record store or another called Rising: Synthpop vs the World. It was a comp from the local record company Different Drum Records, which is still your source for hard-to-find synthpop. Anyway, it was a fantastic compilation and I made a point of purchasing some CD's from some of the featured bands. Those CD's turned out to be fantastic for the most part. I also bought this Color Theory album, but it just isn't as good as the rest. Color Theory attempts to mix piano and synths, which should work, but somehow the one man that is the Color Theory band just doesn't quite pull it off. I would file this one under good attempt and pleasant enough, but just doesn't hit the mark. Record stores have that section, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment