Friday, June 1, 2012

R.E.M. - Document

Most of the songs on Document tend to be overshadowed by the album's biggest and most recognizable hit. I won't lie, it's the reason I bought this album. I'm speaking of course of the mega hit, "It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)." Most people know how the chorus goes to this song and can generally get a feeling for where to shout "Leonard Berstein!" I reviewed my copy of the 7" single here.

So I'm guessing I don't need to sell you on one of the biggest R.E.M. hits of all time. It's a great song, but it's not the only great song on the album. I love "Finest Worksong." "The One I Love" is a mix tape hit for girls with that one indie haircut where the back of their hair is shorter than the front (I still find that cut attractive though it is a decidedly 90's way to do your hair). There are plenty of good songs on this album. This is R.E.M. right at the beginning of their most commercially successful era, so you've probably heard and enjoyed some of these songs before.


No comments:

Post a Comment