Thursday, June 7, 2012

Various Artists - School of Rock Soundtrack

School of Rock has gone from being overrated in its theatrical release to underrated in its post-theatrical life (the movie is a bargain bin mainstay). This soundtrack reflects that same overrated to underrated turn. If you haven't listened to this disc in a while, pop it in. It's a fairly enjoyable experience.

I can't say that my socks were rocked off or that my face was melted by this soundtrack, but it has a lot of good rock. The original tunes are very strong ("Heal Me, I'm Heartsick" by the enemy band No Vacancy being my favorite) and the classic rock cuts are as good as expected. They do fudge things a bit by including songs that weren't in the movie, but that's not an uncommon practice. Overall, this is a decent listen, especially when you haven't heard it in a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment