Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Special Goodness - Land Air Sea

Land Air Sea was the major label debut for Weezer drummer Pat Wilson's solo project. Two independently-released Special Goodness albums preceded this one and many of the Weezer faithful like myself already knew what to expect from The Special Goodness.

Pat Wilson has a certain fascination with slightly off-kilter chord progressions and melodies. He generally eschews the straightfoward fuzzed-out leanings of Weezer and opts for something a little more off the beaten path. My brain does not currently have the ability to appropriately describe The Special Goodness, so I point you to this link where you can hear the first track of this album. It's good. I didn't have the palate for it at first, but I grew into it and now I dig it bunches.


No comments:

Post a Comment