Tuesday, August 28, 2012

AC/DC - Fly on the Wall

And this is where the bottom fell out. Don't be fooled by how good "Shake Your Foundation" is. It's the lone marshmallow in a sea of blandly disgusting puffed grains. Fly on the Wall is the absolute worst AC/DC is capable of. I don't know what happened, but I would guess that they were beginning to feel threatened by the metal bands on the Sunset Strip and this is their attempt to out-metal the metalheads. The problem is that AC/DC is not now nor have they ever been a metal band. They're a hard rock group, and yes, there is a difference.

Aside from the lone good moment on this album in "Shake Your Foundation," this album is filled with subpar music. On songs like "First Blood" and "Stand Up," I had to look at my iPod because I couldn't for the life of me figure out what Brian Johnson was shouting. "Sink the Pink" is an embarrassing non-innuendo (it can't be innuendo when you just come out and say exactly what's on your dirty mind) worthy of Spinal Tap. The same could be said of "Playing With Girls." AC/DC is better than this and everyone knows it.


No comments:

Post a Comment