Monday, August 20, 2012

Johann Sebastian Bach - The Masterpiece Collection

I bought this budget Bach compilation at a time when I was expanding my CD collection by any means necessary. Today's young whippersnappers will hardly remember the time when the more CD's you owned, the more impressive a person you were. Anyway, I mainly bought this because it was cheap and I happen to enjoy Bach.

One of the benefits of being a fan of classical music is that many budget recording still contain high fidelity recordings of great performances. You can't really say the same for truck stop CD's. Anyway, the highlights of this album are the classic "Tocatta & Fugue in D Minor" a selection from the St. Matthew Passion, and the song that makes juvenile minds snicker: "Air on the G String." For a budget CD, this is a very nice compilation and a good introduction to Bach for the uninitiated.


No comments:

Post a Comment