Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pat Benatar - Precious Time

Over the course of her first four albums, Pat Benatar wears more and more shirt. She only wore the front half of a shirt on In the Heat of the Night. She upgraded to a shirt with a back, but no sleeves on Crimes of Passion. By the time she got to Precious Time, she wore a shirt with not only sleeves, but significant shirt tail. Of course there was nowhere to go but crazy on Get Nervous where she rocked a full-on straitjacket. Anyway, it's just a little pattern I noticed, and I don't suppose anyone else will find it remotely interesting.

Precious Time is probably my favorite Pat Benatar album. It starts of with "Promises in the Dark," which, if I remember correctly, is the first Pat Benatar song I ever heard and the reason I became a fan in the first place. "Fire and Ice" really allows Pat to wail, and "Helter Skelter" is an interesting if not necessary Beatles cover. This album just comes together a little better than the others as far as my ears are concerned.


No comments:

Post a Comment