Saturday, August 11, 2012

Various Artists - Warped Tour 2003 Compilation

I started going to the Warped Tour in 1998, but 2003 was the last one I'll ever attend. I just got too old to mosh all day. That and I don't like emo or its retarded cousin: screamo. When the winds of change rolled into the Warped Tour, I rolled out.

The sad thing is that ever year from 2001-2003 I told my friends, "Next year when the Warped Tour comes to town, I'm not doing it." By the time the next year rolled around, I had forgotten what it was like to be brutalized by loud music in the 100+ degree Arizona heat for a solid 9 hours. It always started out so fun and then turned into something to be endured rather than enjoyed.

Anyway, this compilation is more a memorial of my last Warped Tour than an album I actually listen to and enjoy. There are some good songs on here, some not-so-good ones, and a couple screamo songs. It's about all you can expect from a punk compilation made after 2001.


No comments:

Post a Comment