Saturday, May 28, 2011

Big River-Original Broadway Cast Recording



 I didn't know there was a musical based on The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn with music by Roger Miller until I was in college and was performing songs from the musical in the show choir (yes, I was in the show choir and those days were some of the best and happiest of my life). I happen to be a huge fan of Roger Miller. His music was a part of my childhood. I also happen to be a fan of broadway musicals. I also happen to be a big fan of Mark Twain. Normally when someone sits you down to explain a casserole and they do the whole, "It has potatoes. You love potatoes. It has corn. You love corn" thing it means that the casserole is crap and they've found a way for you to hate things that you normally love. Big River isn't that sort of casserole for me. It's a casserole with chili beans, tater tots, taco meat, cheese, and crumpled up potato chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment