Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Black Keys - 10am Automatic b/w Summertime Blues

The Black Keys are one of my very favorite bands. They are exactly the sort of band you want to own on vinyl. I do own a couple Black Keys cd's, and I have all of their albums in digital formats, but the bulk of my Black Keys collection is on vinyl. The gritty take-no-prisoners blues of The Black Keys just feels right with the hiss of a needle digging into the groove of a record.

All that said, "10 A.M. Automatic" is my favorite song from Rubber Factory. Side note: Why did they call the album Rubber Factory when they recorded it in an abandoned power plant? Also, why did they call their latest album El Camino when it features pictures of vans? They are enigmatic for sure.

The b-side of this 45 is an interesting choice. They went with Eddie Cochran's "Summertime Blues" and they crank it up to 11. I am convinced that The Black Keys could sing the ABC's and still blow your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment