Friday, January 13, 2012

The Shagwells - Pretty Girl/She's a Mod b/w You're So Wonderful

Now this is garage rock just like I like it. Clear 1960s influences, jangling guitars, and a brisk pace. Here's the great thing about this record (and the other Shagwells 45 I own): there is no information about it online whatsoever. There is no information about who pressed this record or anything else. As a matter of fact, the record itself is clear vinyl with a polka dot label that has no text whatsoever. I bought this 45 because I ran out of I Don't Feel a Thing records to buy and the guy who runs the label told me this was a good record. It is a good record but if you wanted a copy there is absolutely no likelihood that you'll ever find one. I guess that's a perk of the garage rock world. You can be one of a very small handful of people who knows about a certain band or record. Anyway, this is a great 45 and highly recommended to anyone who can find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment