Friday, January 13, 2012

Tiger Shovel Nose - Capuccino Twist b/w Stupid Stupid

When you wanna talk rare records, I have a few that I can toss into the mix courtesy of I Don't Feel a Thing Records. Like I said in the review of my Tri-City Thundercats 45, one of the guys who co-owns and operates I Don't Feel a Thing Records used to work at my favorite vinyl spot. He introduced me to garage rock and talked me into buying every release his label had out at the time. I'm not sure he made much money from me (or anyone for that matter. They make records for the love of it more than anything) but I own some very limited edition records like this Tiger Shovel Nose 45.

I was told that this is one of the bands The Tri-City Thundercats played with when they took their talents to Japan. I'm just throwing out things from conversations I had 7 years ago. I don't know if any of these details are correct. The long and the short of it is that someone who co-owned the label met some bands in Japan and made deals to press some 45's for them. This is one of them.

Tiger Shovel Nose is a cutesy garage rock band (think the 5678's mixed with Cub) that makes me feel happy inside. Both sides of this record are highly enjoyable. I just played it once and now I'm going to flip it over and play it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment